Sunday, April 10, 2016

Just Another Day

I weighed myself this morning. I'm a few pounds down. I'm still a long way from where I want to be, but I am proud that I'm a tiny (and boy do I mean, "tiny") step toward where I want to be. How do I feel about all this? Well, I feel good that I'm making the changes. There were a few times I went out this week where I could've eaten this or that, but I chose healthier options. I didn't feel like I missed out in the end. I felt satisfied. Isn't that what food is supposed to do? Satisfy our hunger. I'm not living to eat. Yes, there is a lot of delicious, tasty food out there, but when it comes down to it, I'm eating to live. I'm eating so I can have the fuel to enjoy what may come throughout the day. I'm trying to fuel my body with things that make me feel good, not with things that make me sleepy, groggy or tired. Anyway, here's to another day, another day of trying and a step closer to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment